Today, we announced the release of the 2014 version of the award-winning Vectorworks line of design software.
“For the 2014 release of Vectorworks software, we have concentrated on customer workflows,” said Dr. Biplab Sarkar, Chief Technology Officer of Nemetschek Vectorworks. “The theme for this release can be summed up as ‘you have told us, and we have listened.’ Two of the new technologies I am most excited about are an innovative new visualization engine with fast interactive rendering, and a new, patent pending X-ray Select technology.”
The Vectorworks 2014 software includes more than 130 improvements, including new BIM tools for architects, increased site design capabilities for landscape architects and designers, and enhancements to lighting devices, documentation, and graphic controls for entertainment designers.
Some highlights include:
- A new visualization engine, the Vectorworks Graphics Module, which provides a modern visualization infrastructure across the product line and allows designers to work in a rendered mode with support for selecting and snapping non-occluded objects
- A new 3D X-ray Select (patent pending) tool, which allows users to temporarily see through solid objects in the area around the cursor
- New twist and taper tools that enable users to twist entire solids, solid faces, or NURBS surfaces, as well as taper the faces of 3D objects
- Performance and display improvements to the Auto Hybrid Object that improve selection, editing, and document size
- Massing model improvements that allow site designers to add and report the programmatic uses for building massing models on a floor-by-floor basis
- A new option to suppress the location adjustment for georeferenced data
- The ability to directly reference 2D and 3D DWG/DXF or DWF files in Vectorworks projects
- IFC support for Vectorworks Landmark
- New lighting pipe and instrument summary objects from Joshua Benghiat Lighting Design
- Support for Python scripting
Visit the Vectorworks 2014 page on our website to learn about all the new features in this release.